Winter School 2017
Winter School 2017
Multiculturalism as a way of life in Azerbaijan: learn, explore, share
Deadline: The closing date for applications is 25th December 2016 till 23:59 (local time)
Working language: English
Date: 13-20 February
Baku International Multiculturalism Centre launches the next International Winter School-2017 “Multiculturalism as a way of life in Azerbaijan: learn, explore, share” for students and researches who are interested in enhancing and deepening their knowledge on Azerbaijani multiculturalism. The Winter School program provides a great opportunity to explore new topics regarding Azerbaijani multiculturalism and benefit from Azerbaijani experience to make a progress in the study of multiculturalism in general.
What are the goals of the Winter School?
The Winter School aims to bring together students who have passed the course “Azerbaijani multiculturalism” at their respective universities. Along with the interactive lectures on different aspects of Azerbaijani multiculturalism, the participants will be given an opportunity to experience the realities of Azerbaijan while having chance to travel to regions, where they can explore customs and traditions of different ethnic and religious groups. In general, we can identify the following main goals of the course:
- providing theoretical and practical knowledge about Azerbaijani multiculturalism;
- raising awareness about the university course “Azerbaijani multiculturalism”;
- bringing together all students and researchers who are scholarly and practically interested in multiculturalism.
The course “Azerbaijani multiculturalism” has already been delivered at the following universities around the world:
- Sapienza University in Rome – İtaly
- Wroclaw University – Poland
- Charles University in Prague – The Czech Republic
- University of Educational Sciences – Lithuania
- Ural Federal University – Russia
- Sofia University — Bulgaria
- Tbilisi State University – Georgia
- Belarus State University – Belarus
- Fribourg University – Switzerland
- Poltava University of Economics and Trade – Ukraine
- Erciyes University – Turkey
- Lusofona University of Humanities and Technologies – Portugal
- Augsburg University – Germany
- Gadjah Mada University – İndonesia
How will you benefit from the Winter School?
While getting knowledge about Azerbaijani multiculturalism, students will also obtain practical experience which can help them to understand better some key points in the study of Azerbaijani multiculturalism. Winter school also provides students with the unique opportunity to collect useful materials regarding Azerbaijani history, culture and ethnography. In addition participants will be offered such activities as sports, sightseeing and leisure.
Students are expected to share their experience gained during the Winter School with the students of their universities and other universities in their countries and abroad.
Participants who will successfully complete the program receive certificates at the end of the Winter School.
Who can apply?
Undergraduate, graduate and PhD students aged 18-35, academically motivated, fluent in English, who are willing to broaden their knowledge and are eager to learn the model of Azerbaijani multiculturalism.
IMPORTANT: All students are eligible to participate in the Winter School but the preference will be given to those who have attended the “Azerbaijani multiculturalism” course.
The main criterion for selection is their success in writing an essay (not less than 400 words)
We offer the following topics for applicants’ own choice:
- Azerbaijani model of Multiculturalism In Comparison With Other Models In The World;
- Ethnic Diversity In Azerbaijan;
- How Azerbaijani multiculturalism is viewed from your country.
The deadline for submission is December 25, 2016.
All expenses (except visa and insurance) — travel, accommodation and meals will be covered by Baku International Multiculturalism Centre.
If you are ready to explore a new world, click this link and fill in the application form.
*Filled application forms and essays must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email subject line must be formatted as follows: WS2017
Kindly note that your application will only be considered if:
Your application documents are in PDF format.
Your passport copy is attached.
Because of the large number of applications we usually receive, we will only contact those candidates who have been selected for the Skype interview. If you do not hear from us on or before 6th of January 2017 you should assume that your application has been rejected.